Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Tagged and Bagged

I love tagging. This exercise was not my first experience with tagging. The first time I discovered it was when I was creating a wish list on Amazon.com for Christmas. Tagging helped me find toys my kids might like based on toys I was searching. Plus, I loved being able to click on "cool" and see what somebody else thinks is a cool toy for a 2 1/2 year old boy.

I asked Kym if "I got lost in a tag cloud" is now a suitable excuse for being late to work...and she said yes! Must file that one away...

I went back to Amazon for this exercise and found the book I'm currently reading, The Third Angel by Alice Hoffman. I'm a fan of magical realism and wanted to tag this item as part of that genre and see what other books have been tagged by others as such. It really did work out as I expected: I saw books by my other favorite magical realism writers such as Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Isabel Allende, Sarah Addison Allen, and Laura Esquivel.

I've been tagged and bagged, people!

1 comment:

Kym said...

Loved the "lost in a tag cloud" phrase and have borrowed it--you may see it again soon. KL